Saturday, October 8, 2011

What do you want from me???

The following scene has played out in our house more times than I care to think about. Two of my children have extreme sock and shoes issues, while the third gets all wound up about scratchy clothes, tags, synthetic materials, wool, and on and on. Which is not to say that the other two aren't also major fusses when it comes to clothes. Mr. Pitt could be any of my children. Click the below link and  watch. I promise you'll start your Saturday with a good laugh.

http://youtu.be/ZMnNvjUOd3Y 

 When this happens on a school morning, which is 9 out of 10 school mornings, it's so hard to be patient with them. How have I solved this problem? I haven't. I just walk away, get in the car, start the engine and wait. They all eventually show up with socks and shoes on, or not, and I just drive them to school. Biggest lesson I have learned: do NOT engage in discussions about socks, shoes, tags, or scratchiness. If I do, I wind up like Elaine and just lose it.

2 comments:

  1. The irony of this discussion is that 'what goes around comes around' or some such phrase. In your very own youth, you were beyond finicky when it came to the location of the toe seam but I wasn't wise enough to walk away. The fastidious placement of that --- seam, took a considerable portion of every morning. I am sure the sock industry experienced a punctuated growth spurt while you were growing up. Do you think there is a sock fitting gene??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hysterical!!!! The video not the struggle.

    Taylor gets mad when I try to put her in anything but a dress or skinny jeans with a tunic.

    The uniform is worth every penny of tuition to avoid the fight:)

    ReplyDelete