I'll spare the blow by blow details, and share the photos. It was held in a small modern church that didn't make for the best photos, but the rest of the day was absolutely perfect.
After arriving at the church
I sat right behind her during the mass. She came up with this hairstly after many drawings and practice sesssions.
She spoke clearly and with confidence as she narrated the offering of a candle and bread.
and finally, the culmination of 3 years of catechism, and the moment she's been waiting for.
We zoomed back to the house for a seafood lunch and cold drinks
These flowers were the extent of the house preparations.
I decided to make her first communion cake the night before, and left the frosting out of the fridge by mistake. By morning is was spoiled and stank, so I had to pull together a new batch and quickly get it frosted.
An official photographer was there taking pictures throughout the ceremony so as soon as I have copies, I'll share them.








Zita does look absolutely gorgeous. All her hair style drawings paid off - I love that look on her. Megs, you outdid yourself with the cake. The simple elegance of it was perfect.
ReplyDeleteHas Mooj grown even more? He is towering over his siblings and looks like one of the men on the steps. Gracious