Friday, May 10, 2013

Fig Banana Muffins

I accidentally ordered 9 jars of fig jam with my online groceries. I do love fig jam, but 9 jars called for something more glamorous than toast to help use up our supply.  

Not shown below are two teaspoons of Penzies California Orange  peel, but orange zest would be fine.  

I 

Same routine as always: 

Mix wet ingredients together

Mix dry ingredients together 

Combine both and the dose into muffin tins 

Bake for 20 ish minutes on 190c /350f 

This recipe makes 18 muffins 


6 were still baking in the oven when I took this shot 


They got the stamp of approval from everyone. Freddy was good to go when reassured that the fig bits weren't raisins. 

This recipe comes from Baking Illustrated as part of the Cooks Illustrated series. 
Summary of changes: 
No nuts
Reduced Sugar to 1/3 C 
Reduced bananas to 1 
No vanilla
Additional egg
1 jar fig jam
All Spice (generous sprinkling into dry ingredients) 
Dry orange peel
Oh, and muffins not bread 

So, pretty much exactly the same :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment