Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Apple Waffles and a Little Morning Dancing


We are 11 people in the house right now which is why blogging has completely fallen by the wayside. 

I have no pictures uploaded and Pai has the laptop with him in Porto today. This waffle post will have to suffice until I get my hands on the laptop. 

Right around Christmas time, Freddy started researching waffle recipes and we have not gotten off the waffle train ever since. 

We followed a recipe the first few times, but now I just wing it, using a ratio of 2 cups to 1.5cups for flour to milk. If the flour to to milk ratio is okay, the rest seems to always work out. 

Our new go-to favorites are apple waffles, born from a need to use up some slow-cooked apples from dessert the night before. I just scooped out the soft apple centers, and folded them into the waffle batter as a last step. 
Freddy is never one to just spoon on some jam or syrup; he always makes some sort of symmetric pattern or creative face.
Seb gets his cut into sticks and knows exactly what it means when I plonk the waffle maker on the counter.
Our microwave has a radio that Seb turns on for " dance dance time" ( his term, not mine).

Freddy and I brought Pai his waffles and coffee in bed.

I left the rest in the oven for the biggies to discover when they came down to the kitchen.

Extras get frozen and heat beautifully in the toaster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment