On our last day in the Algarve, we set out early to the Praia da Ponta Ruiva. This is a beach we haven't been to before, but cousins who know the area well explained how to get to this very off-the-beaten-path beach. There are no signs, and long windy dirt roads leading to one of the most spectacular beaches I have ever seen in Portugal. The whole are is very Big Suresque.
People often complain that the Algarve is too crowded in the Summer. Clearly, they are not talking about Sagres, where many times we were among only a handful of people. This beach rugby ball is the best. The little boys delight in grabbing onto Moojie's limbs and trying to take him down.
There's nothing Pai loves more than a good side excursion, particuarly when he can get the kids hiking. They set off towards the top of the big red rock while I stayed back with Seb.
Seb never wants to be left behind
This picture is taken on maximum zoom, and still it's pretty hard to see the four of them at the top.
It was during this hike that the kids painted their faces with the bright red earth rumored to be good for the skin.
Meanwhile, Seb was lost in the world of tide pools, and saying over and over "where's the crab?" and "where's the fish?" "let's go find it!"
These warm shallow pools were perfect since the surf was a little rough for him.
It's hard to capture the scale, but at low tide, this beach is a vast expanse for Seb to just run
and run
and run
I'm not sure if I ever sat down on my towel, but I will remember this as one of the best days of the year. It will also be remembered as the week when Sebby napped well :)
No comments:
Post a Comment