Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween Down, Thanksgiving, Christmas To Go

Trick or treat! 
 

Freddy and his friends trick or treated at our front door and I was very surprised that they all sang out "trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat!"
I didn't get any proper pictures of Sebby who was a skeleton, but he loved the commotion of extra kids in the house. Roasting marshmallows was a lot of fun and new to everyone, but only one child other than Freddy actually wanted to eat them. The rest went to the trash which felt wrong on so many levels.
I bagged the make your own pizza activity and made them myself. The kids were so hyper that there was no way I was giving access to pizza sauce. Plus, Zita had jumped ship by this point and gone off with friends, Moojie was still at tennis and Pai hadn't come home from the office. I had a Calgon moment, but pulled it together and served dinner and kept things moving.
Zita was extremely helpful in getting the toilet paper mummy game going. This was the biggest success of the night.


It was a major relief to start the movie. I liken those quiet moments after a movie gets turned on to the first minutes after an epidural kicks in. All the pain goes away and there's nothing but peace :)

This was in the morning before school. Freddy made one cute mad scientist. I hope he doesn't think he's too old for Halloween next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment