Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Chocolate Chips- European Style

I'm not one to turn my nose up at a familiar and comforting yellow bag of Toll House chocolate chips.

If my suitcase can take a little extra weight, I'll throw in a bag before traveling back to Portugal. The bag never lasts more than a few weeks though, so I'm left with two choices. 

1) pay a fortune ($8)  for a small bag at our international foods store 

2) my trusted beat-the-heck-out-of-a-bar-of-culinary-chocolate method.

In case there are any readers still going through the slow chop-with-a-knife method, here's how my fast way works.

Get a rolling pin or meat mallet and a 200 gram bar of chocolate.


Leave the paper on, and beat the chocolate bar within an inch of its life.





Remove the paper wrapping and pat yourself on the back for saving so much money, and burning calories in the process. 

1 comment: