Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Transitions

 I couldn't keep the blog going since Dad died because anything I thought to post felt trivial and really there hasn't been much sit back and reflect time in the last three weeks. So to get back into blogging again, I'm going to post the poem that Caitlin read to open Dad's service.

As We Look Back

by Unknown Author

As we look back over time
We find ourselves wondering .....
Did we remember to thank you enough
For all you have done for us?
For all the times you were by our sides
To help and support us .....
To celebrate our successes
To understand our problems
And accept our defeats?
Or for teaching us by your example,
The value of hard work, good judgement, courage and integrity?
We wonder if we ever thanked you
For the sacrifices you made.
To let us have the very best?
And for the simple things
Like laughter, smiles and times we shared?
If we have forgotten to show our
Gratitude enough for all the things you did, we're thanking you now.
And we are hoping you knew all along,
How much you meant to us. 

 Reading and hearing about all of the grand children's adventures through blogs was no doubt one of Dad's favorite pastimes so in that spirit, I'll pick up where I left off (starting tomorrow) and get to posting about all the joy and good that came from our trip.

1 comment:

  1. Our house feels empty without you. We have found so many reminders of you guys around our house. My kids are sad, they miss their cousins. I am sad, I miss my Meggie.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete