I couldn't even think about blogging yesterday with such tragedy unfolding in the US. It's so hard to imagine the pain of the parents and community, and I intentionally didn't put on any TV to shield the little kids from what had happened. My mom arrived and we've just been cozied up in the house, gazing at Sebby and feeling grateful for everything we have in our lives.
Until this weekend, I was stressing that I had gotten so little done for Christmas and now it seems like just having the kids and the family together will make the best Christmas we could ask for.
We had a big last minute push to get all the teacher gifts assembled and bark made.
I positioned myself on a chair in the corner while the kids took over.
Moojie spreading the melted chocolate on wax paper
Zita decorated with chopped apricots, walnuts, cashews, and hazelnuts
We used crushed candy cane to make a peppermint version.
We put them in bundles of three with cupcake liners on the bottom.
Heading out the door for his last day of school before break.










No comments:
Post a Comment