Thank goodness I missed his text, sent from a 5 hour drive away, that said "Hi, I think we need to go to the emergency room when you pick me up. My shoulder kinda hurts."
In teenage boy language, "kinda hurts" actually means "there is a bone protruding and I'm sure it's not in the joint anymore." Long story short, his clavicle was torn from the shoulder joint, but thanks to a brace and rest, it's now back in place.
He got the all clear to play in the very last game of the season, but had to miss their game in Spain over Easter break. I'm looing forward to getting up to Santiago de Compostela with the family in the near future. Everyone says it's a must see! No one has ever returned saying it was just "meh."
He also gained great experience delivering water bottles at half time and acting as linesman during his recovery.
Here are a few more photos I never posted of a 16 and under game he played back in April. (March?)
It took a while to figure out all the rules, but I really enjoy watching and I can't wait for next season.










No comments:
Post a Comment