Mooj came down with the flu, and now Freddy is the next victim. We had a few days break in between, but I'm ready to be at a point in life when I don't need to make note of someone's last dose of medication.
It has been sunny, warm, and Spring like with mornings spent outside. The usual afternoon hustle of getting kids where they need to be and the dinner time rush is every day, but somehow it's easier in good weather.
Seb maybe sort of might have turned a corner, behavior wise, and seems to have settled down a bit. Routine, routine, routine. That's what he needs and that's what he is getting.
I got lost for two days in the Serial podcast after resisting strong suggestions from just about everyone. Now there is a void that is not being filled by other podcasts that I've tried since. Just like the defendant in the case, I really can not recall what we have done for the last ten days. Last weekend? No idea. Last week? No clue.
My perception is that I spend 90% of the day in the kitchen making meals and snacks, and then cleaning up after meals and snacks. I'm sure it isn't true, but if someone asked me where I was on any given day and time, the most likely answer would be "the kitchen" with "the car" as a good back-up.
Seb will eat anything blended and called "ice cream." Yesterday's "ice cream" was banana, plain yogurt, rasberries, and strawberries frozen and then blended. Before I could even get his face clean, we were already cracking eggs for a blueberry upsidedown cake. The big kids arrived shortly thereafter four lunch a which point I grilled turkey for them. See what I mean about the kitchen?
Caramel sauce for the upsidedown part:
Almost finished product
I regretted this later when I saw that Seb smeared bluberry sauce all over the guest bedroom pillows.
The kids arrive in 45 minutes for lunch so I have to get down to the kitchen :)
Love that Seb's sweet face. Wish were were together to discuss Serial and brave this crappy flu.
ReplyDeletexo