We got a few new Fall clothes for Zita this week, and this blouse is one of my favorites. I love love love (yes 3 times) Portuguese children's clothing.
We paired this blouse with a bordeaux knee length velet skirt. Sadly it was one of the few non mini skirts in the store for her age. I have a tall 8 year old girl who still wants to dress like an 8 year old, and not like a 16 year old so we are limited in shopping for clothes. Let's get a closer look at this cutie tie collar- it looks great peeking out of her shrug cardigan.
Going to a Portuguese tea or birthday party is like stepping back in time and glimpsing life as portrayed in a Dick and Jane book. It's simple, beautiful, and something I hope never changes about this country. Look at this picture I took of children playing outside the Basilica da Estrela in Lisbon. This could be 1950, but it was May of 2010.
Long live the peter pan collar, mary jane shoes, and bows in girls hair.
Love, love, love. I think there is nothing more beautiful than girls dressed like little girls. Even better, we love the hand me downs.
ReplyDelete