Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day Prep

Valentine's Day is not a couples day on Happy Street. Rather it's a good excuse to decorate, eat sweets, do fun things, and drink champagne.

My mom once again came through with a killer care package so I'm all set this year.

I have plates, heart message candies, gorgeous cloth napkins that I can use again next year, and Sees red foil covered chocolate hearts.

The garland below was included in the care package, and I printed out the clip art letters from Marthastewart.com. We're ust about to glue them to pink paper and make a banner for the kitchen.
On the baking front, I got a new jar of sprinkles, and roudned up the rest of my love themed jars.

After reading two more chapters of Swiss Family Robinson because they simply couldnt wait to find out if the shark prevails, we made a batch of sugar cookies that will do for 50 cookies, and a double batch of vibrant pink buttercream.
The frosting is extremely bright in real life.

Lastly, I have 2 boxes of strawberries, ready for dipping in melted chocolate, and don't forget about our box of Blackie chocolates. It's not Valentine's Day on an American level, but it will have to do for Happy Street.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how much more 'American level' your prep and day can get, Megs! Do the children bring Valentine's to school? (Mooj is definitely excluded from the possibility but what about Freddy and Zita?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness we do not need to bring anything to school. Freddy made a card for his teacher and that was it.

    ReplyDelete