It's the easiest way to add extra essential vitamins without actually taking vitamins. Plus, seeds and wheat germ are extremely inexpensive.
The second change we've made is reducing our cereal consumption. Being low on cereal is the equivalent of a nuclear catastrophe in this house. I think people don't even sleep well knowing the cereal supply for the next morning is low. Anyway, this combination of Summer weather and strawberries that finally have better flavor has called this smothies makin' mom into action. I've allocated an extra 10 minutes each afternoon to cut and freeze fruit, and then another ten in the morning to make everyone a smoothie breakfast. Today's included strawberries, blueberries, plum, banana, orange, apple, and yogurt. When the kids come down to the table and grab their smoothie, and icecream silence gives me the satisfaction that all this extra fruit buying, washing, chopping, and freezing is more than worth it.
Freddy prepping the strawberries last night.
I'm already dreaming about tomorrow morning's smoothie.


No comments:
Post a Comment