The last post I did on photobooks sparked quite a few comments from friends who felt behind and disorganized with their photos. I thought the below shot would make everyone feel a lot better. That overflowing tupperware is filled with albums of Tomás from 1998-1999. Yes, only one year! The "big closet" as it's known, is filled with three more just like it, that hold a combination of albums and prints from 1999-2006. I can deal with digital, it's prints that fail me.
Many of these photos are duplicated and the dates are not consistent at all. I did a magazine photoshoot level clean of our bedroom yesterday, and the last thing to tackle was this very large and very ugly tupperware that has been sitting there for months with every good intention to get it organized. Today was the day.
I got two double sided photo tape dispensers, scissors, and a good quality blank album and got to work. 20 minutes and three pages in, I got a call for a lunch invitation and left our previously spotless room looking like this. I'm blogging about this as a way to make myself push forward and just get it done. I also didn't want to create the false impression that I have it together when it comes to photos. I most certainly don't.
Now, I'm off to Lisbon to be with the best lunch date I can think of- Pai! The photos will have to wait for another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment