Monday, January 23, 2012

Portugal vs. US living



I've lived here for so long now that most parts of daily life don't feel at all foreign.
Every once in a while something will happen. good or bad,  that makes me think to myself  "this would NEVER happen if I lived in the States."  What happened this morning falls quite squarely into the I'd rather that not happen again category.

Hearing about the mammography and lady-bits exam of one's 79 year old house cleaner is just such a moment.

I need some serious mind- cleansing excercises to get through the rest of the day. I'm pretty sure my readers will now as well. I have no more words on the matter.

2 comments:

  1. You know I absolutely feel your pain.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so sad to tell you that is not unique to PT. I know more about my housekeeper's bidness than I know about mine/yours/ anyone in my family.

    ReplyDelete